WITH GERARD SCARPACI
Through a full day of guided hands-on practice, learn the fundamentals of this versatile cutting tool. Once mastered this will allow you to utilize the razor everyday in the salon to craft modern shapes with a wearable edge. Practice your new techniques with confidence on a mannequin and tripods provided!
- Proper handling and control
- Safety and dexterity with a razor
- Controlling Lines with a razor
- How to Graduate and Layer effectively
- Removing weight with a razor to modernize your shapes
- 3 full haircuts done entirely with the razor. Long Layers, Bob with Graduation and Short Layers
Date: May 6, 2018
City: Aveda Institute Toronto, 125 King Street East
Time: 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Fee: $300 per person
Razor (Feather Plier or Feather Styling Razor
recommended), Scissor/Shear, 7” cutting comb
with fine teeth, 6 duckbill sectioning clips, Water
Guest Artist, hair cutting
NEW YORK, NEW YORK
An acknowledged master & pioneer of
modern razor cutting, Gerard is also an
accomplished and well rounded educator.
In his 27 year career he has led classes and created curriculum for Vidal Sassoon, Paul Mitchell, Aveda and Arrojo. As the Co-founder of Hairbrained, Gerard has worked to help educate and connect his fellow hairdressers through technology, social media and live events. In the classroom Gerard is giving, humble and attentive to the needs of each student.