This year's Earth Day theme is End Plastic Pollution.
We know the harms that plastic can do to our oceans, air and land. One impacting way to lower plastic use is to decrease the use of bottled water. Worldwide, millions of people resort to buying bottled water simply because they lack access to clean water otherwise.
Let's change that.
Make a difference at home:
- Use a reusable bag. Buy or make your own and be sure to wash them often!
- Use a reusable bottle or mug for your beverages, even when ordering out.
- Reuse containers for storing leftovers or shopping in bulk.
- Avoid buying frozen foods because their packaging is mostly plastic.
Make a difference in Madagascar:
- Raise awareness about the world water, sanitation and hygiene crisis through your social media, or by speaking with your family and friends.
- Aim to achieve your Earth Month goal to provide clean water in Madagascar.
- Recruit a friend to help your efforts or begin their own fundraising campaign.